Ok, great. You’re ready to go abroad, but what do you do about your apartment and all those bills that are in your name? Well, you’re in luck. You’re not the first person who has had this question. If you live in off-campus housing, subletting is a good place to start. If you live on campus, you must submit a written cancellation notice to the Housing Office; you will not incur any penalty.

Ask Yourself

Will my cell phone work when I’m abroad? What do I need to do to ensure that it will?

When should I contact the companies related to my bills to let them know that I’m traveling abroad? What accommodations might they have?

Do I know anyone who would want to sublet my apartment while I’m away?