Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM Eastern
Can be used for
The USAID Donald M. Payne International Development Graduate Fellowship Program seeks to attract outstanding individuals who are interested in pursuing careers in the Foreign Service of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). If you want to work on the front lines of some of the most pressing global challenges of our times — poverty, hunger, injustice, disease, environmental degradation, climate change, conflict and violent extremism – USAID Foreign Service provides an opportunity to advance U.S. foreign policy interests and reflect the American people’s compassion and support of human dignity.
The typical Payne Fellowship experience includes:
- Orientation that introduces fellows to the program and their USAID Foreign Service career.
- Summer internship in Washington, DC with USAID Foreign Service Mentor.
- Completing Master’s degree in international affairs or a related subject.
- 10-week overseas internship at a USAID Mission.
- An appointment to the USAID Foreign Service, with a required five years of service.